OFIA's photo contest seeks to spotlight the people of Ontario's forest industry: foresters, technicians, contractors, loggers, tree planters, and truck drivers who keep the industry running.
How to Enter:
The contest will begin on September 12, 2022 and submissions will be accepted until 11:59pm EDT on October 10, 2022.
All photos must be submitted by email directly to Lauren McBride at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include photo submissions, photo descriptions, and contact information in the entry email.
This year's theme is "Portraits of Forestry". Participants are asked to submit up to five photos capturing the hard-working people that represent all facets of Ontario's forest sector, from forest operations, to the mill, transportation, and sales.
• Participants must be the original source of each photo submitted and must obtain permission by each subject.
• All photos submitted must be in JPEG or JPG format, with high-quality resolution.
• The location of all photos submitted must originate within the province of Ontario.
• Contestants may submit up to five photos relating to the theme of the contest with a brief description detailing
the Who, What, Where, When and How of each photo.
• All submitted photos must be in their original form and not contain references and/or marks added by
• By submitting photos, participants grant OFIA non-exclusive permission to use the photographs to
publicly display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivative works of the entries in all media,
including social media, and OFIA material online and in print, without remuneration.
*Any submitted photos, including "non-winning" photos, may be used on OFIA's website, as well as
• Photo entries will be judged based on their relation to the theme and quality. A winner will be selected
internally by OFIA staff and will be contacted by October 24, 2022; OFIA will notify winners via the contact
information provided at the time of entry; OFIA may disqualify anyone who fails to respond to the notification
within five business days.
• By submitting an entry, each contestant agrees to the contest's rules.
A first-place prize of a YETI Tundra® 35 Hard Cooler and one night stay at the One King West Hotel in Toronto will be awarded by OFIA. The winner will be announced on October 26, 2022 and will have their photo(s) showcased in 2022/23 OFIA material and social media.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
By submitting photos, participants grant OFIA non-exclusive permission to use the photographs to publicly display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivative works of the entries, in all media, including social media and online and print, without remuneration.